Subscribe to Weekly UpdatesFind out when new content is posted. Short, spam-free, and only once a week. Subscribe here.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blog Recent Posts
- Help! My Child’s On Drugs!
- Lectionary Reflections — Year C
- Lectionary Reflections: Year B
- My “Die Empty” Page
- Myself and My Sites
- The Brucewriter Store
- Acolytes in Tennis Shoes
- Advice to Young Poets
- Bridal Shower
- Dialogue Parts I & II
- For Remembered Music Sounding
- Getting There
- Is There a God?
- My God-Doll
- The Air Is Out of the Balloon
- The Day Trip
- The Taking of Jim Smith’s Life
- The Tornado in the Coffee Shop
- The War Prayer
- There’s a Hole in My Sidewalk
- Thoughts on the Day after Easter
- Throw It In the Fire
- Wasting Paper
- We Remember
- What Do They Think?
Tag Archives: Isaiah
And when the strife is fierce, the warfare long, Steals on the ear the distant triumph song …
OK, let’s cut to the chase. This week’s lections have two readings that present an easy-peasy contrast: Isaiah 58 and Luke 13. The Isaiah passage addresses religious people who act out the stage play of their religion (holding fasts), but … Continue reading