Subscribe to Weekly UpdatesFind out when new content is posted. Short, spam-free, and only once a week. Subscribe here.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blog Recent Posts
- Help! My Child’s On Drugs!
- Lectionary Reflections — Year C
- Lectionary Reflections: Year B
- My “Die Empty” Page
- Myself and My Sites
- The Brucewriter Store
- Acolytes in Tennis Shoes
- Advice to Young Poets
- Bridal Shower
- Dialogue Parts I & II
- For Remembered Music Sounding
- Getting There
- Is There a God?
- My God-Doll
- The Air Is Out of the Balloon
- The Day Trip
- The Taking of Jim Smith’s Life
- The Tornado in the Coffee Shop
- The War Prayer
- There’s a Hole in My Sidewalk
- Thoughts on the Day after Easter
- Throw It In the Fire
- Wasting Paper
- We Remember
- What Do They Think?
Category Archives: Writing and the Arts
I often like to use layout and space in my poems, to indicate flow and emphasis. For some time, though, I’ve been struggling with WordPress “eating” any non-breaking spaces I used to achieve that space. So, rather than having indents … Continue reading
When I decided to get more serious about my writing, I went looking for books on writing to get me started. I checked various sites and lists to see what books came recommended as a “basic library for writers.” And … Continue reading
Short, fun, doggerel — but also true. Read it here.