Subscribe to Weekly UpdatesFind out when new content is posted. Short, spam-free, and only once a week. Subscribe here.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blog Recent Posts
- Help! My Child’s On Drugs!
- Lectionary Reflections — Year C
- Lectionary Reflections: Year B
- My “Die Empty” Page
- Myself and My Sites
- The Brucewriter Store
- Acolytes in Tennis Shoes
- Advice to Young Poets
- Bridal Shower
- Dialogue Parts I & II
- For Remembered Music Sounding
- Getting There
- Is There a God?
- My God-Doll
- The Air Is Out of the Balloon
- The Day Trip
- The Taking of Jim Smith’s Life
- The Tornado in the Coffee Shop
- The War Prayer
- There’s a Hole in My Sidewalk
- Thoughts on the Day after Easter
- Throw It In the Fire
- Wasting Paper
- We Remember
- What Do They Think?
Author Archives: Bruce
This post is for all persons who call themselves Christian and are facing a Trump presidency, whether or not you voted for him. As Christians, what is our response? What should we do? Here are six things that seem obvious to me. Continue reading
Imagine a group of people: a crowd at a football game, the downtown of a city, a congregation gathered for worship. Now pick out the scribes and the widows. And here’s a hint: not all the widows are women, and … Continue reading
And when the strife is fierce, the warfare long, Steals on the ear the distant triumph song …